Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Portland, OR (or the mountains in my mind)

This posting is entitled "Portland, OR" not because we are enjoying a wonderful vacation there, but because Scott is enjoying the inside of a hotel conference center there this week. He is learning something about acidification of food, and got to visit a pickle factory today (gag! puke! vomit!). In an incredibly ironic twist, a number of the health inspector professionals (including Scott) developed a bout of food poisoning last night, sending a few of them to the hospital...and fortunately only sending Scott to the bathroom. Scott did bring the camera along this time, and we'll see if he managed to get out to take any pictures. That can be difficult when attending a conference.

Scott has been gone for 2 out of the last 3 weeks for work, as well as one overnight trip in the middle "home" week. I have been so busy that it has hardly hit me that he was gone, as I have been busy at work, and running around like a maniac at home. We don't intend to get this busy, but between church activities, occassional visits with friends, and spending over 2 hours a day in the car commuting, I barely even have time to cook supper. I enjoy being busy, to a certain extent, but this week all I want is to not have to work, but to spend all my time at home cleaning, organizing, cooking, decorating, and listening to Christmas music. I am looking forward to the upcoming holidays.

Tomorrow night my niece Abby is going to spend the night here with me (Scott will get home late). On Saturday she is going to help me bake some goodies for Thanksgiving and possibly even put up Christmas decorations. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment