Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas 2010 - Part 1

This week both Scott and I took Thursday and Friday off. Since we will both be busy in a couple weeks when our anniversary comes around, we decided to spend a night in Omaha before going to Scott's Mom's house for Christmas. We got a room in the Element by Westin hotel in Midtown Crossing. This is a brand new hotel (opened in November) in a new trendy area. It was very nice and modern! Since they were pretty empty, the upgraded us to a room with a full-service kitchen area.This was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! They had a booklet there that gave prices for all the bedding and items...the queen size version of this mattress is only $1395...
The bathroom was really cool! I really like the raised sink:

And the shower with the giant rain shower head was amazing.

On Friday we drove to Scott's Mom's house in Hancock. We were happy to be coming 30 minutes from Omaha instead of 3 hours from Oskaloosa, as it was very snowy. We hung out all day, played some wii, did some reading, and played with our new Christmas presents to each other (I gave Scott an ipod, he gave me a nook).
Today Shawn & Audrey (and Wesley and Seth) drove out and we had a nice Christmas lunch, followed by a wild game of dominoes and present time. Melanie got to spend a little time with us also, and was pleased to receive the last two books in the Twilight series.

Mom liked her lotion and body wash:

I got the wonderful job of slicing the meat:

I made a delicious pear-cranberry pie with a pastry cream filling and a crumble top. It was really good!

I also made stained glass jello...well, I tried to anyway. I am not very good at jello salads. It did not set up right and form beautiful squares with shining jello "windows." Instead, it just looks like a bunch of slop. It still tasted ok.


1 comment:

  1. That is some ugly jello!

    Glad you guys had a great time. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete