Last Sunday was our Jubilee Family Church annual Picnic and Baptism, out at Lake Keomah State Park. After having practically no rain all summer, it was rainy this weekend! We prayed for good weather for the picnic at church, and God obliged--the rain stopped about 30 minutes before we began and started up again right as we were finishing! This year we had 10 people get baptized, Praise the Lord!
As always, the food was awesome. I brought a pink lemonade cake, cheesy potatoes (which were gone before I even got to the line, bummer), and a corn casserole. I ate a plate of regular food, and then an entire plate of dessert. And just so you know, when I got home that night I did go to the gym and work out, so at least 1/4 of that dessert was burned right off! :)
We also have fun and games, with a bouncy house for the kids, a dunk tank, face painting, and corn hole.
| Levi was in the dunk tank, and the water was cold! |
| Laurel loves being outside, so she enjoyed the picnic also. |
| Shawn was holding Laurel and walking around looking for Scott to take his picture. Guess he would like another baby! |
Scott brought his camera and took a bunch of pictures of the baptism and picnic. He tried to get a shot of everyone who was there, and took a lot of candids.
| We thought this was a great picture! She is winking and saying "Cheese!" |
| Family Picture |
Today (Friday, August 17) Laurel had her 4 month doctor appointment. This means shots! She handled the shots quite well again, only crying for about a minute. I was pro-active in caring for her this time, and gave her tylenol right after we left, and I think it did the trick. She did sleep a lot this afternoon, and hasn't eaten quite as much as usual, but she is not super crabby!
Laurel now weights 16 lbs, 5 oz., and is 26" long. She grew 5" in the last 2 months! She is 96th percentile in height and 92nd percentile in weight. Her head is only in the 58th percentile, but I don't think she looks like a pin-head, do you?
| I was tryng to make the same face...do we look alike? |
After rolling over 3 times in one night all by herself, Laurel decided the fun was over, and has not rolled over since. Oh well, we'll keep doing tummy time and eventually she'll do it!
| Hi Mommy! |
What Shaun wants and what he gets are two different things:)
ReplyDeleteI really like these pictures of Laurel
ReplyDelete