Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Excuses, Excuses (but pretty valid ones...)

It's been a while since I blogged.  I'm finding as Laurel gets older it is getting more difficult to get my work hours in during the day and take care of her.  In the morning she used to play with all her toys while I worked on my computer for a couple hours at a time.  Now she seems to want me to read to her ALL MORNING LONG.  I am getting a little sick of "The Runaway Bunny" and "I Cuddle Teddy Tight."  

Then we have lunch around 11:30, and by noon Laurel is crabby and ready for a nap...but for some reason she refuses to fall asleep!  I end up sitting with her on my lap for an hour, two hours...finally, she falls asleep and get a blessed hour or two to get stuff done while she sleeps.  That is, unless I'm too tired...

Why am I too tired, you may ask?  This picture might give you a clue:

We had planned to tell my side of the family our exciting news on a Sunday afternoon at lunch.  We came up with many different creative ways to do it, but circumstances kept messing up our plans.  Then my sister suggested that we count lunch as a family birthday party for my niece Abby.  I had volunteered to make dessert, and we didn't want to totally rain on her parade, but we managed to get the news out in a very sharing sort of way with the cake above.  Happy Birthday Abby!  & Baby!  Notice the date of birth under the baby: March 3, 2014.  That's right, we are going to have another baby!  It's due next March, which means I am currently about 14 weeks along...and very tired and not feeling great.  So I need that afternoon rest time!

Here's my other excuse: We just bought a new house, and put our house on the market.  We have been planning to eventually move into a larger home, and decided this was a good time to do it.  God blessed us and we found a great house, in our price range, that met almost all of our wish list, and is only about 3 blocks away, still in University Park!  We put an offer on the house, went through everything with the bank, it passed inspection...and now we wait until closing on Sept 20!

After we found the house, we listed ours.  We wanted to make sure we did not end up with no place to live, so decided to buy first and list later.  We put our house on the market about 2 weeks ago now, and things are progressing well with positive showings.

Have you ever tried to keep a house in showing condition with a 1 year old running around?  Not fun!



So there you have it.  I have been lax on blogging because:
1) Laurel does not sleep well
2) I'm pregnant
3) We bought a house and are selling ours.

Plus, Laurel and I took a little trip to California, but that will be the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment