Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Mommy Play Date! (and the kids too...)

Scott was out of town for almost a whole work week at the beginning of November.  He had initially planned to be gone Monday-Friday, but ended up coming home Thursday night, which was great!  I think the hardest part when Scott is gone is the evenings...Laurel is a night owl (like her parents!), and even when I get her ready and sit her down with me at 8 or 8:30pm, she rarely falls asleep before 9:30 or 10pm.  Don't ask what happens when I just stick her in her bed--hours of crying throughout the night just isn't worth it!  So when Scott is gone, I am home alone with Laurel all day, and then all evening as well...when I don't get any alone time, it is hard to feel refreshed!  And since I usually fall asleep earlier while pregnant, that was the whole day!  I did get a little break on Tuesday when I spent the afternoon in Pella at my parent's house.

On Friday my friend Sara and her son Eli came over for lunch and some play time.  Sara and I were roommates before each getting married, and she is a great friend!  Eli is a little shy, but Laurel did her best to make sure he always had a toy in his hand!
Here, have this toy!

Eli and Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment