Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Slumber Party and Painting Party

Last weekend my sister had to come out to our house on Saturday to pick up her Bountiful Basket veggies from me.  Since we were planning to go to Pella for lunch on Sunday, I invited a couple of my nieces to spend the night at our house.  We had a great time!  We got out a giant sheet of paper and the drawing instruction books and the kids drew and colored on the kitchen floor.


After supper we made popcorn and watched "Big Hero 6."  We all went to bed, then went to church the next morning and went for lunch at my sister's house.

I had made some Harry Potter shoes for my niece Rhea for Christmas, and my niece Abby was wishing she had a pair as well.  My sister had a few pairs of cheap canvas shoes in the closet, so we had a painting party on Sunday afternoon.  I helped Abby make some cool HP shoes, and Emily decided to do a pair for herself.  Garion painted little wooden shapes, and Olivia painted a small canvas.


Olivia's "Panda on a Beach at Sunset"

I did "Hogwarts at Night" on the right show.  I helped Abby outline  the "HP" and a fox patronus on the left show, and she did most of the painting on that one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment