Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Kendall Carolina Klinge

Carrie finally had her baby by c section on Thursday evening. It was tough on her--they tried to put another IV in (which is very difficult on Carrie), and during that 45 minutes process, Carrie started to have a siezure, and her BP went up to 180 over something! They rushed her to the OR, and about 20 minutes later, Kendall was born...8lbs. 7 oz. and I think just over 19". I actually had to leave shortly before the c section took place, butsome of Tim's family and my mom were still there. The baby was perfectly healthy, and Carrie survived thanks to the grace of God and modern medicine.
Here is daddy Tim with the new baby! I think she has Carrie's face but Tim's mouth.
Here I am holding her on Friday. I came to visit over my lunch break. Lynn and Mom were also there, and were fighting over who got to change her diaper...I let them duke it out. :)


Carrie had to be on Magnesium sulfate because of the preeclampsia and because she was so swollen. She was still on that all day Friday, and had massaging sleeves on her calves. She was also on painkillers for the c section. So, she laid on her back in the bed and couldn't move much. But, the baby did start nursing Friday with no problem, and Carrie got to hold her a little bit.
As of this evening, Carrie is off the magnesium, and was able to stand and hold kendall for short periods of time. She should be able to go home tomorrow, and we are praying for a quick recovery.
In other news, Scott and I had to go out and buy a new washing machine, as ours leaked so badly, last weekend Scott had to shop vac up water every 5 minutes. We went to the store and after looking at the options, we decided to buy a Frigidaire front loading washer/dryer set! It is being delivered and installed tomorrow, so look for pictures of that!
Incidentally, if you live anywhere near Pella, I recommend shopping at Bruxvoort's. We bought our sofa there earlier, and got the washer/dryer there also. They offer free delivery, free installation, they take away the old ones for free, and they even sent over an employee this afternoon (who lives near us) to check out our setup and see what equipment they will need to bring. And, they didn't make us pay the repair bill from our old washer!




No comments:

Post a Comment