Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Monday, April 6, 2015

House Demolition

The house next door to us has been empty for over a year, and I believe it was a real fixer-upper.  We had heard that it had been bought by someone who was going to take it down and build something new.  Last Friday they brought in a giant back hoe and took down a bunch of trees.  We knew the demolition of the house had to be coming soon!  We saw them doing some stuff this morning, and figured it was going to happen today.  This afternoon around 2pm, just after Nicolas fell asleep for his nap, I heard some loud crunching sounds coming from next door.  So Laurel and I went out on the deck and spent the rest of the afternoon watching one man and a huge machine knock down a house.




Laurel: "That house is not pretty, so they are knocking it down.  Good thing our house is pretty.  They won't knock down our house because we keep it pretty!"






At this point there is a huge pile of rubble next door.  I'm assuming they will have a dump truck and haul everything away soon.  I did wonder a few times if they couldn't have re-used or recycled more of the old house, it seems a shame to put all of that into the dump.  I have heard that they are building a duplex...I hope it is nice, and I hope we get some nice new neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment