Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shots

Laurel had her 2 month doctor appointment today, and got 3 shots!  She cried for about 30 seconds (I would too if three needles were jammed into my leg!), but then calmed down and was smiling at everyone as we left.

The appointment was in the morning, and we met my Mom for lunch, ran some errands, and walked around downtown Pella for a while, and she was fine.  Around 1:30pm we got my parent's house, and suddenly Laurel started crying and would not stop! I thought she was a little warm, so I took off her pants, and her left leg (the one that got two shots) was red, warm, and swollen down to her knee.  I called the doctor's office to see if that was to be expected (it is for the shots she had in that leg), and gave her some tylenol we had conveniently picked up per the doctor's suggestion, and put a cold washcloth on her leg.  After about 15 minutes she finally calmed down, and the redness went away.  She is finally doing better tonight, and even smiled at me!  But I have to careful not to touch the tops of her legs where she got the shots--instant crying!  It doesn't help that she is also a little constipated.  I'm spending the evening rubbing her tummy and cuddling her.

Scott has been gone all week at a class at Purdue University.  I will be working at HP Camp all weekend, and Scott will be gone for work half of next week.  I hope Laurel feels better soon!

1 comment:

  1. Gave me the excuse to do a lot of cuddling--as if any excuses were needed.

    ReplyDelete