Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Welcome to the Platt House!

I have a chair sitting by the front door that I like to use to decorate the entry and make people feel welcome. Last fall I had some corn stalks, pussy willows, and other plants on it to make it pretty.  I added some Christmas decorations for the holidays.  Earlier this spring I planted some flowers and plants in it, thinking it would be a nice welcome to the house all summer long.

 This summer we had a drought.  I can't blame everything on the drought though...the pot is under the porch roof, so all responsibility for watering falls to me.  I failed miserably.
First the gladiolas died.

Then everything else died.  Welcome to our house...we kill plants!
 Last week I decided to do a nice fall display on the front porch...without any live plants that will die and look ugly.  I made a shopping trip, did some painting and stenciling, wiring and gluing, and voila!  A nice display!  I also cut some of the dried hydrangeas off the bushes to use as additional decorations.


Doesn't that make you feel welcome?

No comments:

Post a Comment