Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Jewelry Organizer

I've been mentioning to Scott that I would like a jewelry organizer for a while, and he bought me one for Christmas!  I hung it today, and organized all my jewelry on it.

In the process, I cleaned out two out of three jewelry boxes that I had sitting on my dresser.  One was a larger box, and one was a tackle box that my mom painted for me to store earrings in back in about 6th grade.  And I threw away a lot of earrings that have been sitting in there since 6th grade...
In the process of hanging this up, I was reminded how frustrating plaster walls can be.  I love old houses, but I also recognize that they have their issues.  The jewelry holder was supposed to hung by drilling holes, hammering in the little plastic holders, drilling screws into those, and then sliding the jewelry holder on to the screws.  Of course, the plaster, just kinda disintegrates, then the plastic things won't go all the way in when you hammer them, and then they start bending and smashing.  I ended up putting in the screws, then hammering the screw/plastic in together.  It was a long frustrating process that involved dropping screws behind the dresser multiple times.  It made me long for dry wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment