Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Salt!

My sister sells Pampered Chef, and last month I did a catalog show...as a result, I received $215 worth of free Pampered Chef items!  Awesome!  This is the 2nd time I've done a show, and both times I got over $200 of free stuff--I like this!  I use these opportunities to buy the items that I have always wanted, but didn't want to spend that much money on.  One of those items is a salt and pepper grinder with a bamboo holder.
While he was stationed in Germany, Scott bought a couple bags of rock salt in Halle.  Now we finally have a place to use it!  I also put in all of my peppercorns...guess I need to buy some more.

Last night I thought I would have a cup of hot cocoa.  On the back of the packet was a recipe for "Double Creamy  Chocolate Chai" that sounded delicious, so I tried it!  Make the hot cocoa using milk, then steep a chai tea bag in it (I used vanilla chai).  Top with a little cool whip and dried orange rinds.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment