Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Superhero Birthday Party

My niece Rhea celebrated her 8th birthday on the 18th.  They invited a bunch of her friends over and had a party in my parent's basement (Rhea considers Grandma to be one of her best friends, so where better to have a party than Grandma's house?).  Scott ended up taking that day off due to already working so many hours, so we were able to come to the party.  That morning I decided we needed to go as superheroes!
My mom bought a little push cart.  Laurel hasn't figured out how to sit on it and push herself with her feel.  She just crawls all the way in and waits for someone to push her around!

It's Baby Incredible!

The kids played "pin the crown on the superhero."  My niece Hannah spent a couple hours that morning drawing and coloring the picture of Wonder Woman...nice job, Hannah!

The birthday girl with one of her gifts--a nerf gun!

I went as Thor.  I created a breastplate from cereal boxes painted silver, and even had an awesome hammer.

I made a rocket pack from Scott.  We gave it to my nephew Garion after the party, and he was very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment