Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Last Weekend: Roomie Reunion (AKA: The Good Part)

Last weekend I headed out to Galena, IL, to have a reunion with my college roommates!  It was a great weekend spending time with them, but also a difficult and bittersweet weekend...but I will get to that on my next post.

In college, I lived with 5 other girls for my junior and senior year.  We had another friend who graduated after 2 years, but we considered her an "honorary roommate" in college, and still call her a "roomie" now.  These women were awesome friends and roommates in college, and we've kept in touch mainly through facebook and Christmas cards.  I am proud to say that I made it to all but one of their weddings!  A few months ago, Amy sent a Facebook message to us with a lovely (read: truly hideous) picture of us from our college days, and as a result, we decided we needed to get together!  After some discussion, we decided that Galena was a nice central location, and that we should have just the women and nursing babies.  We made plans for the first weekend in October, and I had been looking forward to that weekend for months!  

I drove up with Teresa (and Nicolas), and after everyone arrived at our hotel, we went out for supper, then sat and chatted in the hotel room until late.  On Saturday we drove into Galena and spent the day walking around the historic downtown.  It is a lovely area, and the shops and stores in the downtown were really fun.  I would like to go back!  Saturday night we again chatted in our hotel room, and then after breakfast on Sunday we all headed back home.
historic Galena

This is the oldest house in Galena

It was pretty cold Saturday morning--in the 40's!  Nicolas slept in his carseat in the stroller wrapped in a blanket for a couple hours.  He sure looked cute in his hat!

It warmed up in the afternoon, and Nicolas was happy to ride on my back.




View from the Scenic lookout by our hotel

Rhonda had also brought her baby, Kayla, who is about 6 weeks younger than Nicolas.  They enjoyed playing together.  We decided that if they end up in college together and start dating and get married, we would be very happy!  :)


It was great seeing all these wonderful women again!  We decided at breakfast on Sunday that we should not wait 14 years before we get together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment