Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Jacob and Elaina's Engagement Photo Shoot

This past weekend we drove out to Cedar Bluff Nature Preserve to take engagement photos for our good friends Jacob and Elaina, who are getting married next month.  It was a beautiful day, and we enjoyed hiking through prairie and cornfields to get to the wooded area on the Des Moines River.  The only negative thing was that the mosquitoes were awake and biting!!!!!!!  Even after spraying ourselves down with bug spray, we still were attacked.  On last count, I had 13 extremely itchy bites on my left leg and 8 on my right.  And more on my arms, neck, and shoulders.  I love waking up in the middle of the night and finding that I have just scratched my ankles open.  :)

Anyway, it was a lovely day for pictures, and they turned out really nice!  I'm not posting any of the "official" pictures here, but here are a few I snapped on my cell phone.

Nicolas spent most of the time in the stroller.  Laurel was in the sling on my back for a while and took a short (and very floppy) nap there, then woke up and had a cow, so we let her walk back to the car.


Photobomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment