Last Thursday my Bible study group got together for a play date. During the school year we go to Third Church for Bible study on Thursday mornings. The session is over, but my group got along really well and didn't want to go all summer without seeing each other, so we are trying to get together throughout the summer. We played at a playground for a while, then went into a friend's house and let the kids play on the back deck while the Mommy's chatted.
Then the kids and I met my sister and nephew for lunch at Oriental Express. They have a great lunch buffet, and I can order breaded chicken and noodles and split it amongst all three kids, and feed all of us for $10. After lunch we let the kids run around by the canal for about 45 minutes. Pella is so pretty, the weather was beautiful, and the kids had a blast!
 |
| Kyler, Laurel, and Garion by the canal |
 |
| Nicolas kept getting closer and closer to the edge, so one of the adults had to follow him around constantly. |
 |
| Still running... |
 |
| Little Dutch Kids |
The kids all had to go potty, so we walked over to the Vermeer windmill to use the public restrooms there. All the tulips had been dug up and were laying on the ground next to the flower beds. I know that Pella allows residents to dig up or take tulips from public beds during certain times, so I was hoping these were free for the taking! I went into the shop, bought some freshly ground flour, and inquired about the tulips. They were free for the taking, and the ladies even informed me what colors were in each bed! I took a bunch of bulbs home...but did not keep them sorted, so we will have a rainbow tulip bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment