I bought Scott an ipod for Christmas, and along with it I gave him the Nike fit set. It is a little sensor you put in your shoe, and it connects with your ipod and tells you how far you have run, how fast you are going, etc. The ipod also serves as a pedometer. Scott enjoys uploading his steps and runs into the Nike fit website every night, and taking part in the little games ("eating" a hot dog, pushing a car, and currently, climbing Mount Fuji) online. And he has been running pretty consistantly. I may dub this the most well used gift I've ever given.
I, on the other hand, have been working out in a whole different way. A new fitness company took over the fitness aspect of the building where my office is, and I signed up for the 90 day life program. I have a coach who is working with me to better my nutrician (she also has IBS, so she knows what it's like!) and also make sure I work out enough. I should mention that a lot of triatheletes train there now! I have been attending the fitness classes, and must admit that the workouts are harder than I've done in a long time. Here's an example:
Strength 101 class--one time through this series, straight through:
100 squats
90 push ups
80 straight leg dead lifts
70 cleans
60 presses
50 swinging kettle ball squats
40 back extensions
30 windmills (on each side)
20 turkish get ups
10 pull ups
I went to 4 classes this week, and if I didn't lose any weight, I at least sweated a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment