Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and Scott's birthday! We have typically not done anything very extravagant for this day. Scott usually doesn't want anyone to make a big deal about his birthday, and since they are on the same day, we just don't make a big deal out of Valentine's Day either. We're planning to go out to eat tomorrow night in celebration.
But, since I was cooking supper tonight, I thought I would get a little festive. I found a recipe for chocolate filled red velvet cupcakes, so I decided to try them out.
 |
| You make the chocolate truffles from choc. chips, butter, and milk, and then freeze them in balls. Then you put one ball in the middle of each of the cupcakes. |
 |
| I baked them about 5 minutes longer than the recipe called for, and hoped they would stay nice and round...although I had a sneaking suspicion the tops would cave in anyway. I was right! |
 |
| Here is a cupcake with the gooey middle coming out. They were pretty good! |
 |
| I also got a little playful with the meatloaf...who doesn't want their meatloaf in the shape of a heart? |
I love the meatloaf!
ReplyDelete