Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Baby Toes & Super Moons

Today my friend Sara and her baby Eli (who is about a month older than Laurel) came over for lunch.  They are both really too young to "play" together, but it was nice for Sara and I to chat and share our first baby experiences.  And I used her visit as an excuse to make muffins--all I want to do right now is eat cake and cookies and baked goods, but I also want to lose baby weight.  So I am working really hard not to bake, so that I don't have those treats in the house...and I have lost 32 lbs. in the month since Laurel was born.  Only about 25 to go!  Don't worry, they were healthy muffins...

I keep thinking of great things to blog about, but somehow have not had a chance to do it.  There are a number of factors.  First, I've started working again, so I am usually answering emails or doing work stuff while Laurel naps.  Second, the pictures were all downloaded on Scott's laptop.  Third, Laurel would like to be held 24 hours a day if possible, and I'll admit, she spends a lot of time in my lap or in my arms.  We are working on that, though...as you can see by this next picture.  At night she sleeps in her car seat in the living room (right by the chair where I nurse), but during the day I've started putting her down in her crib every time she falls asleep.  She doesn't like sleeping on her back, so of course she always wakes up 5 to 10 minutes later, but I will pick her up and put her down a million times a day if I have to...I'm stubborn.  She did foil my plot the first day i tried this by peeing through her diaper, her onesie, her pants, and on the crib sheet; I had to do laundry before putting her in the crib again.  If she gets tired enough, she will start to nap in the crib...and if she doesn't, well, she will sleep better at night!
Why do you leave me alone in here?!



Last weekend we visited Grandma Burkhalter in Creston.  She was happy to hold her newest great-grandchild, and enjoyed visiting with us as well.    
After visiting with Grandma, we drove to Hancock and spent the night with Scott's Mom.  On Sunday we went to Council Bluffs and watched Melanie's last choir concert of her college career (maybe...who knows, she may end up in choir again next year).  It was great to see her, and Melanie appreciates a chance to see her little sister.
Check out my new hair cut!  I decided to just chop it short, as it is so much easier to do !

Saturday night there was supposed to be a big meteor shower...but it would be tough to see because there was also going to be a Super Moon.  Every once in a while the moon on it's ellipse is at it's closest point to the earth at the same time that it is a full moon, and that is a Super Moon.  It was huge!  Since we were out in the middle of the country, we had a great view without any city lights!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for an update! so glad sara & eli got to come for a "playdate" with you & laurel! i've got to meet these two super cute little ones ... they need some lorraine-love, i'm sure of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fooled me on the super moon. I thought I was going to see baby on rug pictures, but Laurel seems to like wetting on things she lays on so..... the other moon will have to do. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete