Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

USP 25th Anniversary Gala

Last Saturday night, the Union Street Players (USP) had a 25th anniversary gala.  USP is the local theater group in Pella, and I have performed in and accompanied a few plays with them.  Scott agreed to come along (he's not a big theater fan, but remember those pickles??), and we got all dressed up and went to the event.  They started with "horses duvers" (as my father called them...and I have no idea how to spell it, so I'm going with Dad on this one).  Then there was a program--they highlighted all the different aspects of theater with a number from a former USP production.  I played the piano for one piece, and performed a song from "The Christmas Post" as well.  It was fun to watch people I enjoy re-visit old plays (and the Von Trapp children were all 5 years older now...).
I don't accompany...I'm a collaborative artist!

"You'll be the one who sank her!"

"Our policy is get the green stuff!"
Unfortunately our camera batteries were both dead, so Scott took a few pictures of the show, but didn't get any pictures of us in our nice clothes or anyone else!  I'll try to get a copy from my mom and post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment