Thursday was Valentine's Day...and also Scott's birthday. Every year we have a conversation something like this:
Colleen: What would you like for your birthday?
Scott: I'm not big into celebrating birthdays...you don't have to get me anything.
And then he goes out and gets me a Valentine's Day present, and I get him...nothing.
This year I decided to not even ask, and I bought him a birthday present and a small box of chocolates for Valentine's Day. I also invited a couple friends over for supper on Thursday night, and cooked a delicious honey spiral ham and made him a lemon cake (that was his request).
 |
| I decorated the house with balloons and streamers. |
 |
| I also printed a banner. The surprise was lessened by the fact that Scott worked at home on Thursday, so saw the banner coming out of the printer, then came out and saw the balloons. Ah well, it was a good idea. |
 |
| Scott bought me some flowers. And some peanut M&M's. |
 |
| Hi Mom! |
 |
| I took the leftover ham bone and threw it in the crock pot for soup on Saturday. That was delicious! |
 |
| I bought Scott flannel sheets for his birthday. |
 |
| Last weekend Laurel was crawling in the living room, and slipped into the edge of the tv stand. She has a nice bruise on her forehead! |
 |
| Kissing her raccoon. |
No comments:
Post a Comment