Today Scott took care of Laurel and allowed me to play in a volleyball tournament. I haven't played in a tournament in about 1 1/2 years, and I won't be playing much this season either. But I decided to schedule a tournament in Pella for this season. This is how I fund my "volleyball account"...I make enough money from entry fees to keep the volleyball account high enough to play in other tournaments, and let every one on my team play in this tournament for free. I was able to put together 2 teams, and it was a fun opportunity to play with high school classmates, people I have coached, and other volleyball friends. Except now we are all older and not in as good shape and have had kids. Ah, well. The team I was on did not win a lot of games, but we had fun. The other Dutch Attack team won the tournament. Guess I didn't split the teams so evenly after all!
 |
| My sister Lynn played for the first time in about 10 years. Ten years ago she playing in an alumni volleyball game, hurt her back, and ended up having back surgery. It was nice to have her back on the court! |
 |
| I am really out of shape, but I would like to note that my hands are above the height of the net. |
 |
| Scott and Laurel came to watch for a while. My nieces Rhea and Olivia also came. They kept asking if Hannah was playing, and we had to explain that Mom and Aunt Colleen were playing. What, you play volleyball too? |
 |
| Laurel reading a book with Grandma |
 |
| Go Dutch! |
 |
| Here I come! |
No comments:
Post a Comment