Laurel turned 10 months old this week. She is now crawling like crazy, can pull herself up to standing, and even has walked around the coffee table while holding on. She is good at playing by herself with her toys, but also likes to play peekaboo or hide and seek with Mommy and Daddy.
| Your turn to play peekaboo! |
| Boo! (she was not very smiley this afternoon) |
| Laurel also loves to read books. She has her "regular" ones memorized, and knows exactly when to touch the soft belly, life a flap, or smile at the babies. |
Laurel has started to actually swallow some of her textured baby food. One step closer to eating real food! The other day I gave her some baby puffy snacks in a little spill-proof container. She had fun playing with it...but didn't eat any of the puffy snacks. In fact, I think she ended up feeding most of them to me.
| How do I get these things out? |
| She figured out how to get her hand in, and then just whipped it around until the container flew off. |
| Puffy snacks everywhere! |
I would like to grow some of my own herbs; however, my garden has been really awful, and nothing grows. I have a number of recipes that call for mint leaves, so I bought a pack of mint, and this morning cut them up and put it in ice cube trays with a little water. Next time I need mint, I'll just pull out a cube!
Now to the baby related injury. Laurel screams a lot when we just put her in her crib, so our habit is to lay on the guest bed (in the room next door to the nursery) with her for 10-15 minutes while she falls asleep, then put her into her crib. Sometimes it is just one of us, and sometimes both Scott and I lay down and fall asleep as well! Thursday night was one of those "all of us falling asleep" nights. Around 11pm, Scott and I woke up and decided to put Laurel in her crib and go to bed ourselves. Scott left the room, and I stood up with Laurel in my arms to go to her crib.
Unfortnately, I tripped. I started to fall forward toward the wall, but tried to pull my body backwards so as not to smash the baby into the wall. The outside two toes on my right foot got caught under my foot, my foot pointed really far, and I heard a pop! Then I was falling sideways, but managed to catch myself by sticking my elbow into the dresser. That was loud, and caused Scott to come running back into the room!
The whole time I had the baby in my arms! She did not hit against anything, and didn't even wake all the way up! She did fuss a bit, but Scott took her and got her to sleep and in her crib. I took some ibuprofen and put an ice pack on my foot.
Friday morning I could barely put any weight on my foot, and had a big, purple lump. We were going to Pella anyway, so I made an appointment with my chiropractor/sports physician. He poked and prodded (and I tried hard not to kick him with my good foot), and decided that it was not broken (thank goodness!), but that one of my tarsals was out of place. He corrected it from the bottom of my foot, which hurt, but was less painful than him pushing on the bruise! By the end of the day of Friday, I was able to walk better and didn't have the excruciating pain of the morning.
I also pulled a ligament on the top of my foot. That is still pretty swollen and tender, but the worst pain was definitely from the out of place bone! I'm glad my volleyball tournament wasn't this weekend...I wouldn't be playing. Guess I'm not working out this weekend either. Time to sit around with my feet up!
| You can see the swelling and puffiness on the top of my feet. It's hard to see the bruising in this picture...I do not ever bruise darkly, and this is mostly just a brownish/purple color. |
No comments:
Post a Comment