Last week my Mom called me and offered to take Laurel and Nicolas to the Fun Factory, which is a play area in one of the fitness centers in Pella. She volunteered this, and told me I could even go somewhere and take some time off. I said yes! I ended up going to the chiropractor, and he fixed my displaced rib, which was definitely an improvement.
When we first got there, Laurel was afraid to go into the fun factory. She was very nervous about the webbed flooring. Her cousins encouraged her, and Grandma stood close by, and eventually she was willing to crawl in, and even went down the slide!
Our friend Clark loaned us a play station toy to use for a few months. I wanted something that Nicolas could sit in and maybe even bounce, but didn't want to buy something big that would only be used for a few months. Clark sometimes uses this kind of toys for his job, and had a few on hand, and was happy to lend us one. I think Laurel has more fun playing with it that Nicolas does right now! But, this toy is giving her an opportunity to interact with Nicolas more. I have another video of her pushing him in circles in this toy in the kitchen. And I often catch her taking his hand and "helping" him push the buttons when he is sitting in the seat. Nicolas usually laughs at her, but sometimes does not appreciate her "help."
No comments:
Post a Comment