Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Super Bowl Snow-Day!

On Super Bowl weekend we got a lot of snow--I think we had about 10 inches!  Sunday morning church was cancelled, and it was in the 30's outside, so we decided we should take the kids out to play while it was still warm enough.  The snow was still coming down!  Laurel had a blast, and would have been happy to stay out there forever.  Nicolas was not able to walk in the snow, and didn't like to sit in it, so he had to be held and we didn't stay out there very long with him.  I think he was also a little embarrassed because I am not going to buy him winter boots at this point, so he had to wear his sister's pink bug galoshes.
This is the snowman Laurel and I made.  The snow was perfect for making snowmen!

The view across our back yard just after sunrise.



I came inside with Nicolas while Laurel and Scott stayed outside and built another mini-snowman...

...and went sledding down the street.



No comments:

Post a Comment