Our good friends Jesse and Lindsay Honn and their children are on a massive road trip from Pennsylvania to Idaho, and spent a day with us en route. After a loooong day in the car on Friday, they arrived at our house around 9am, at which time the kids ran around like crazies for a while, then we all went to bed. Saturday morning after breakfast we decided to go to the park in the morning...we are in the middle of a heat wave, and it was already almost 90 degrees at 9am!
 |
| Natalee |
 |
| I had trouble catching a photo of Brady standing still--he ran around the playground non-stop the entire time we were there! |
 |
| Lindsay and Amie |
 |
| Playing on the jungle gym |
Amie is about 6 weeks older than Laurel. She is also about 2 lbs lighter. She was so easy to hold; I almost threw her up into the air every time I picked her up!
 |
| Laurel: 96th percentile in weight. Amie: can she possibly be more than 20th percentile? |
 |
| Fat baby/skinny baby. Oh well, Laurel will thin out as she gets taller, right? |
 |
| All the kiddos. |
We had tentatively planned to sit around our new fire bowl Saturday evening--Natalee and Brady have fond memories of catching fireflies and sitting around the fire bowl when they came to visit last year. Remember that we are in the middle of a heat wave...sitting by a fire did not sound fun! Instead we made a trip to Frosty Udder and got some ice cream. The Honns left very early Sunday morning for Keystone, SD, and Mount Rushmore, the next stop on their journey. So nice to see them!
Laurel has been making efforts to sit up lately. When she is lying on her back, she looks like she is trying to do a sit-up, and she tries to stay upright when sitting on our laps. We just bought a bumbo chair to help her practice sitting up.
 |
| I like sitting in my bumbo chair! |
And this afternoon Laurel started to roll over! I had put her in the pack 'n' play while I used the restroom, and when I came out she was laying on her side. I then laid her on her back on the floor, and she immediately started to roll over to her side. She almost can make it over on her own...when I pulled her lower arm so it was sticking straight up by her ear, she rolled right over. Then she suddenly remembered how much she dislikes being on her tummy!
 |
| Look, Mom, I can roll! |
Laurel has been sleeping in her carseat in the living room for most of her life. She did not ever want to sleep in her crib or in the pack 'n' play, but slept pretty well in the carseat, so we let her. I do put her in her crib to nap during the day (which is partly why she doesn't take long naps). Last night she did sleep in her carseat, but I put the carseat in her room all night long...baby steps!
With this rolling to her side development, however, we may be getting quickly closer to her sleeping in her crib. This afternoon when I put her in there for her nap, she rolled on to her side and fell right asleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment