Lately, Laurel has wanted to have EVERY ONE of her bears and other animals around her when falling asleep, both for nap time and at night. The bed can get a little crowded! The other day she fell asleep in her pile of animals on the sofa for her nap, so I just let her sleep there. She does not go to bed well at night, so maybe having all her animals will help with that...that's what I'm hoping for, anyway.
Nicolas is at the age now where he is "discovering" that he has hands, and that he can move them and grab things! It is fun to put him on the floor and watch him play with this toy for long periods of time. He has also figured out how to roll to his side, so a full rollover may be coming soon!
Nicolas is also really good at holding up his head, so I put him in the bumbo chair for a while.
| Look at those chubby cheeks and double chin! |
| He sat for a few minutes, and then decided he didn't enjoy it anymore...right when I was trying to set up a cute picture of Laurel kissing her brother. |
This past week my mom gave me a half case of apricots. I like to eat apricots, and you can eat a couple at a time because they are very small, plus Laurel even thought about trying one. But I didn't think I could possibly eat the whole box! So I made some apricot freezer jam. While I did that, Laurel had fun moving the apricots back and forth from the box to an empty egg carton that was sitting on the counter.
| I did the "no cook" version of jam. Sugar, pectin, fruit, stir, put in jars and allow to set, then put them in the freezer. I made 3 jars worth, and it is yummy spread on toasted homemade bread. |
No comments:
Post a Comment