Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Trip to Kansas

 Last weekend we headed to Kansas to visit with Scott's brother and family.  Their kids were taking part in a dance recital on Sunday, and Scott's parents and his other brother and family all made the trip down to watch.  It was great to see everyone!  We hadn't been to visit them since they moved to Kansas, and I will say that the drive there is much shorter than it was to visit them in Kentucky!  Plus, we get the added benefit of stopping at the Russell Stover outlet in Bethany, MO, where $22 will get you a whole lot of chocolate!

We had decided that there was no way the kids would be able to sit through the dance recital, so I volunteered to stay home with them.  This may have been a blessing in disguise...have you ever sat through a 2+ hour dance recital where the kids you know are only in 4 numbers?  Yikes!  Instead, I went to their dress rehearsal on Saturday and was able to see all the kids dance without watching everyone I didn't know!
All the cousins

Laurel and N (in his shark costume for the recital)

This is what I did while everyone else was at the recital.  Laurel and Nicolas both fell asleep and slept most of the time, so I sat on the sofa and read my book.  Very relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment