Yesterday morning when I got out of bed the weather was fabulous--slightly overcast, and a forecast of 75 degrees! I decided to bring the kids to our nearby Lake Keomah State Park. Keomah is a man made lake surrounded by woodlands. There is a nice trail that you can follow almost all the way around the lake (and finish the circuit by cutting through the back yards of the houses on the far side of the lake in Keomah Village), but it is not a stroller capable trail, and I knew that Laurel would not be able to walk to the whole thing. We ended up hiking about a half mile on the trail with Nicolas in the sling and Laurel on her leash...mostly to make sure she didn't wander off the trail and into the prevalent poison ivy.
Laurel spent the entire hike pretending she was in an episode of Dora the Explorer--after watching an couple episodes today, I believe it was the episode "Dora Saves the Game" that she reenacted! She kept saying we were in the jungle, and we had to jump over the stone walls to get away from the crocodiles! And we have to go over the broken bridge! And we have to find a boat to go over the water! She has a boat in her purple backpack, and a map!



No comments:
Post a Comment