Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Thursday, June 12, 2014


I decided to try a new dessert recipe today for something called Indian Pudding. It is based on colonial New England dessert with ground up Indian corn in it. It is supposed to be a hot pudding, like flan or bread pudding, I think. 

I followed the recipe almost exactly (I used sorghum instead of molasses), and this is whati have after 6 hours in the crock pot (it was speed to be done in 4-5 hours). The strange thing is that it doesn't contain butter or anything else that would normally separate, so I have no idea why this happened. The corn meal is all in chunks, the milk is a custard type texture, and it is swimming in some sort of clear liquid. It tastes OK, but texture wise, I don't think Scott will be eating it!

No comments:

Post a Comment