Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

4th of July Picnic

I've been updating the blog a little bit from my phone, but haven't had a chance to get pictures off the big camera and do some real updates for a while!  So here it is, July 22, and I'm finally getting around to blogging about the picnic we went to on the 4th of July!  A family from our church invited everyone from church to a picnic at their house in Sigourney.  This is the same family that runs the CSA where we are getting all of our vegetables, so I was excited to also see their operation and have a better idea of where our food is coming from!  We had a potluck supper, a farm tour, fun times with friends, and then watched fireworks from their front yard.
Laurel spent pretty much the whole time playing on the swing set and playing with the bubbles.  The whole time.

They have 10 acres, and it was vegetables and trees and beautiful!

I did manage to get Laurel to sit down and eat for a few minutes because she had a brand new chair!  She was too busy having fun to eat very much.





It was a really fun night of food and fellowship!

No comments:

Post a Comment