Last weekend we headed to Western Iowa to do some kayaking with the Platt relatives. Scott's brother-in-law purchased a river outfitter company last year, and just finished his first season running that. He invited all of us to come out for a kayaking day, and we ended up spending the day on the lake at Prairie Rose State Park (we had originally thought to float on the Nishnabotna River, but since the smaller cousins were kayaking, decided it would be safer and easier to just paddle on the lake). Grandma and Aunt D watched Laurel and Nicolas at Grandma's house for the day, and the rest of us loaded into the big blue bus filled with kayaks and headed to the lake!
 |
| Ready to get into the water! |
 |
| Scott--what a handsome guy! |
 |
| Time for lunch! I had packed lunches for Scott and I, and had told Melanie to bring one as well. Turns out nobody else brought any food! So we divied up our food amongst everyone and had a nice snack at one of the picnic areas by the side of the lake. |
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| I had taken extra care putting sunblock on my shoulders, since I had done a poor job earlier and burned hand prints on the back of my arms. This time I got the back covered, but apparently missed putting sunblock on a strip of skin on the front of each arm. Just a little sunburn! |
I've been talking about getting a kayak recently, and even almost bought one at Costco earlier this summer. When we returned home from our trip, Scott spent the evening looking at kayaks online and pricing them. I'm glad he enjoyed it as well! We may not be able to do a lot of kayaking while the kids are little, but maybe in a few years this can be a fun family outing.
No comments:
Post a Comment