Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Farmer's Market in Des Moines

This past weekend we had opportunities to do a couple different events, so we decided to divide and conquer!  The boys represented the CERT team in the parade for Fremont Days, and the girls went to Des Moines with some ladies from church.  

Laurel is now old enough that I thought I she would do ok if I brought her along on our church's ladies outing to Des Moines.  We were going to the Farmer's Market, and I know that she is willing to walk around outside for a long time when the weather is nice, so I wouldn't even need a stroller!  It was a beautiful day at 65 degrees, and Laurel did a great job staying near my and not running around or being crazy.


A and J buying lovely door hanging bouquets.  I especially like the mini-pumpkins on a stick!
 After we had walked around the Farmer's Market for a while, we decided to go over to West End Salvage.  The HGTV show by the same name is filmed here, and the store is AMAZING!  All kinds of old, cool stuff that you can buy as is, or you can commission them to make you something really cool.  I send a couple pictures to Scott, and he cautioned me to "leave immediately!"  Good thing I couldn't afford to buy anything there, because we don't have room in our house for everything I would like.
Laurel and A sampling some antique chairs


Laurel really enjoyed sliding down this bowling alley ball return.

She also liked "hiding from the thunderstorm" in this cupboard.  I didn't let her play this game for very long because I was afraid she might break it, and I couldn't afford to buy it...
 We ate lunch at Zombie Burger.  It is a fun restaurant, and the names of the burgers make me laugh--East Village of the Damned, Dead Moines (the burger I had), and the Walking Ched, among others.

Scott and Nicolas drove the CERT vehicle in a parade for Fremont days in a neighboring small town.  Here is a pic of them having fun while waiting for the parade to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment