Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Honey Creek Resort

The last week in May, Scott had a training session for work at Honey Creek Resort in southern Iowa for the week.  Laurel and I drove down (it's about an hour from home) and stayed with him from Monday through Wednesday.  While we were there, I did some work, but also did some hiking with Laurel during the day.  The resort is very nice, and is out in the middle of nowhere, so it was a good opportunity to relax and unwind after Regionals.  Of course, Scott and I ended up doing work in the hotel room after Laurel went to sleep every night, but we still got to relax a little!
Honey Creek is by Lake Rathbun, and the area is mostly prairie.  

Hi Mommy!

the lodge at Honey Creek.  There are also a number of cabins and an RV camping area.

Laurel had her first experience swimming while at the resort.  She loved it!  That is too bad, because neither Scott nor I are big fans of swimming.  Oh well, I guess we'll be spending some time at the pool.
This is exciting!

Laurel enjoyed crawling around the baby pool chasing the ball.  Notice that I have  added a little "extra" to my suit.  I bought this suit before I ever became pregnant, and my body has changed shape this year...I will be purchasing a new suit very soon!



Laurel the Buccaneer.
 For the three days that I was at Honey Creek with Scott, it was about 80 degrees and beautiful, although a little windy.  The day after I came home, it snowed.  In May.  We only go a couple inches, but northern Iowa got 13 inches!

Lake Rathbun in the snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment