Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Visits with Grandma

For about a week there, Nicolas was crying All. The. Time.  When he was awake, that is.  The night Scott had to be out of town for work, Nicolas was up crying from 3am to 5:30am, which meant I was up with him.  And of course Laurel woke up, so I made her sit in the chair while I stood and bounced Nicolas.  That was not a fun night.  

The next day my Mom came over for the morning and for lunch to help give me a break.  It also allowed me to do a load of laundry and make my bed and even take a shower!  Then Mom went outside and ran around in the yard with Laurel.  It was a great visit.

Laurel just loves being outside, even when it is cold and windy.  I cannot wait for spring to arrive and for warmer weather.


Quite often Nicolas is happy to just lay on the floor or on a bed and look around.  It's strange how your first child can want to be cuddled all the time, and your second just wants to be put down.  Nicolas was lying on the floor the other day, and Laurel decided to play with him.  Here, Baby Nicolas, have a cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment