Pages

The life and times of Colleen and Scott Platt in Iowa and beyond.

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Fun Times around town

Nicolas grew out of most of his pajamas, and we seem to be lacking in clothing in the 6-9 month size, so I went out and bought him a few pairs of pajamas.  This is my favorite.  The best part is that the bones glow in the dark!

We've finally reached the point where Nicolas can sit in a cart (he can't quite sit on the floor on his own, but with a seatbelt and sides to lean on he does well in a cart).  Grocery shopping is much more fun when I am not carrying a kid on my back!

We have been going to story time at the library on Thursdays.  Then we check out some books for Laurel, and some books for me.  When Laurel is "good" (ie: stays by me and is quiet and doesn't run all over the library screaming when we go upstairs to get books for me), we get to walk around the butterfly garden outside before we leave.  Here she is a butterfly princess!

And we even saw a couple butterflies!

Last weekend we got out the fire bowl, invited some friends over, and spend the evening outside.  I would like to do this more often, but this is the first time we've sat around the fire all year!  The weather was perfect, and the kids enjoyed it.  I ate 3 hobo pies and 2 s'mores for supper.

I have a lot of peppers right now, so I roasted a few of them over the fire as well.  They have been delicious in an omelet, and also in vegetarian tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment